This Speaker Resource page is for confirmed speakers at the 2023 HR Virginia SHRM In-Person Conference being held Sunday, April 23 to Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center in Richmond VA.
Carefully review the next steps below:
- Review the Conference Schedule to view your assigned date/timeslot(s) and topic(s). Use the search feature (ctl F) to search the entire document for your name. You may be assigned 1 timeslot or multiple times over the course of the conference. If you have a co-presenter, let us know if his/her name is missing from the schedule along with their email to collect some information for the schedule.
- Session room assignments are subject to change, please confirm your final session room assignment at check-in!
- Use this link Speaker Presentation & Handout File Upload to upload your final PowerPoint or Keynote presentation(s) by Friday April 7. Acceptable file extensions are .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .key. Do not send pdf files for your presentation for our AV Team to use! Maximum file upload size is 30MB or approximately 13,000KB. If you have questions or your presentation is too large to upload, please email your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or use a dropbox type app.
- You can upload a different presentation file and up to 3 handout files (pdf) to be attached to the App for attendees to view. If you don't provide a pdf of your presentation file, we will convert your PPT file to a PDF for posting to the App.
- Use the Speaker Presentation & Handout File Upload link again to upload another file for a 2nd session you are presenting.
- Because the transition time between sessions is very short, your presentation will be pre-loaded on the laptop in your assigned session room(s) by our AV Team. Bring your presentation on a thumb drive as backup as well.
- Please name your presentation file for our AV team's use in this format: Last Name, First Name - First Few Words of Your Session Title
- Please name your presentation file for Attendees in this format: Last Name, First Name - Session Title ATTENDEE
- Please name your handout files for Attendees in this format: Last Name, First Name - Session Title HANDOUT (1), (2), (3)
- We don’t have a specific slide deck design to use, please prepare your own.
- Your session time is blocked for exactly 1-hour or 2-hours, depending on your session type. This includes us introducing you and any time you want for Q&A. Please plan your presentation accordingly as we cannot run over into the next presenter's time. A volunteer and AV tech will be in the room to assist and give you cues on your final 10 and 5 minutes. The volunteer will remind attendees to complete a session evaluation.
If you need lodging, please see the Hotel Information page to make your own hotel arrangements at our preferred conference hotels. Deadline for discounted rate is March 31, 2023.
As a confirmed speaker, you are welcome to attend the conference for the day(s) of your presentation(s) and participate in conference-planned sessions, meals & activities . Your 1-day pass is automatically included as a speaker.
If would like to attend the full conference at a discounted rate as an attendee, click the option below to register as a speaker/attendee.
All sessions are in-person and will take place at the Greater Richmond Convention Center (GRCC) at 403 N. 3rd Street, Richmond VA 23219. Both hotels are across the street from the GRCC for a quick walk. If you're coming in for the day the parking deck is located at 351 N. 3rd Street. Cost is $7 per day.
- Check-in and pick up your name badge at the Conference check-in desk on Level 2 of the GRCC at least 30 minutes prior to your session time. Allow plenty of time for parking and check-in.
- Session rooms will be set theater or classroom (no changes please). Your presentation will be pre-loaded on our laptop in your assigned room along with lavalier mics, sound, podium, projector, screen, wireless clicker, presenter table/chairs, etc.
- We will have a speaker's hospitality room for your use.
- You are welcome to attend sessions and conference-planned meals/breaks at no charge on the day you are speaking unless you have purchased the speaker ticket to attend sessions for the full conference.
- We would love for you to use and repost the conference hashtag #hrva2023 in your twitter posts.
Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.