Speaker Resources for Confirmed Speakers
We are thrilled to have you present at the 2022 HR Virginia SHRM In-Person Conference being held Sunday, April 24 to Wednesday, April 27. We look forward to seeing you “live” in a few weeks.
Below are a few tips and reminders for your final preparations:
- Review the Conference Schedule one more time to confirm the date/time of your session. If you have a co-presenter, let us know if his/her name is missing from the schedule along with their email to collect some information for the schedule.
- Use this link Speaker Presentation File Upload to upload your final PowerPoint or Keynote presentation by Monday April 18. Acceptable file extensions are .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .key. Do not send pdf files. Maximum file upload size is 30MB or approximately 13,000KB. Because the transition time between sessions is very short, your presentation will be pre-loaded on the laptop in your assigned session room. Bring your presentation on a thumb drive as backup as well.
- Please name your file in this format: Last Name, First Name - First Few Words of Your Session Title
- If you have questions or your presentation is too large to upload, please email your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We don’t have a specific slide deck design to use, please prepare your own. Here are some pointers.
o Recommended slides 16:9 rectangle vs square setting
o Black or dark color fonts show better
o Red and orange is hard to read
o Fewer words on a slide the better
- Your time is blocked for exactly 1-hour or 2-hours, depending on your session type. This includes us introducing you and any time you want for Q&A. Please plan your presentation accordingly as we cannot run over into the next presenter's time. A volunteer and AV tech will be in the room to assist and give you cues on your final 10 and 5 minutes. The volunteer will remind attendees to complete a session evaluation.
All sessions take place at the Greater Richmond Convention Center (GRCC) at 403 N. 3rd Street, Richmond VA 23219
The parking deck is located at 351 N. 3rd Street. Cost is $7 per day.
- Check-in and pick up your name badge at the Conference check-in desk on Level 2 of the GRCC at least 30 minutes prior to your session time. Allow plenty of time for parking and check-in.
- Session rooms will be set theater or classroom (no changes please). Your presentation will be pre-loaded on our laptop in your assigned room along with lavalier mics, sound, podium, projector, screen, wireless clicker, presenter table/chairs, etc.
- We will have a speaker's hospitality room for your use.
- Your on-site contact for any questions is Shelley Smith, you can call or text her on your day at 757-897-8644 for any additional assistance.
- If you are bringing books to sell, you are welcome to sell them immediately following your presentation. We will not have a separate bookstore this year, so you are on your own to sign and sell if you so choose.
- You are welcome to attend sessions and conference-planned meals/breaks at no charge on the day you are speaking unless you have purchased the speaker ticket to attend sessions for the full conference. See more information below.
- Sessions will be recorded for on-demand ticket holders. If you want a recording of your presentation, it will be provided to you a few weeks after the conference is over. Let us know by sending an email to us at the email address below.
- We would love for you to use and repost the conference hashtag #hrva2022 in your twitter posts.
If you need lodging, please see the Hotel Information page to make your own hotel arrangements at our preferred conference hotels.
As a confirmed speaker, you are welcome to attend the conference for the day of your presentation and participate in conference-planned sessions, meals & activities . Your 1-day pass is automatically included as a speaker.
If would like to attend the full conference at a discounted rate as an attendee, click one of the options below to register as a speaker/attendee.